|Posted:||August 15, 2019|
- Provides day-to-day on-site supervision of rig-based well activities.
- Is the primary contact with the Drilling Contractor and third party contractors to ensure operations are performed in accordance with operational requirements, guidelines and programs, and in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Keeps the Platform Manager informed about issues relating to HSE, work management, simultaneous operations and significant technical well abnormalities.
- Coordinates resources of offshore execution team.
- Ensuring that operations comply with the Management System.
- Be responsible for health and safety procedures being continuously enforced, and making capable decisions in emergency situations to prevent well catastrophes or significant financial losses.
- Ensure that rig and platform systems and third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained Ensure that drilling and completion procedures and programs are followed as planned and conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure changes to programmes are risk assessed and risks mitigated (ALARP) and communicated to the workforce
- Organize and order the necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling and completion operations.
- Ensure accurate and adequate reports and records are kept regarding operations,equipment, and performance evaluation.
- Approve the daily activity reports for rig-based activities.
- Ensure potential pollution control problems are considered, and the contingency plans are understood by involved personnel.
- Ensure that drills relating to well control are held on a regular basis.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment/materials/supplies to ensure a smooth ongoing operation.
- Ensure timely and accurate cost follow-up
- Capture operational lessons learned for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensures that the handover process between the offshore execution team members is effective.
- Self-driven with high personal motivation and drive to obtain the best HSE and operational results experience from projects with high performance focus are beneficial
- Candidate must be a team player and be an important contributor to the One Team approach offshore Candidates must have documented experience from subsea production well operations (drilling & completion) and preferably experience from well clean-up / DST operations
- Candidates must have documented and extensive experience from floaters and DP rigs working in Norway