|STRUCTURAL ENGINEER FOR FOLLOW-UP OF OIL AND GAS TOPSIDE MODIFICATION PROJECT|
|Posted:||April 12, 2019|
Description about task and responsibilities
Responsible for following up studies within structural discipline, maturing structural deliverables as required for project phase and ensuring compliance to relevant standards and technical requirements within the discipline.
- Follow-up Contractor to ensure sound structural integrity, secure technical integrity and barriers in design and execution, and identify and address risks/concerns
- Follow-up marine system topics (stability, mooring, hydrodynamics)
- Within discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
- Perform risk-based follow-up of Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
• Establish plans for risk-based follow-up of Contractor(s)
• Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
• Follow-up Contractor(s’) internal multidiscipline interface co-ordination.
• Take early corrective actions as necessary.
- Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation, and secure lifecycle information.
- Manage change proposals and deviation requests according to Company management system.
- Give input to plan for verification of design solutions and fabrication
- Provide discipline input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases
- Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure necessary contact with contractor discipline responsible, Company discipline network and advisor, operations and other stakeholders.
- Obtain relevant design and operation experience from similar projects and installations in production.
- Shall have MSc/BSc with relevant engineering subjects e.g. civil engineering, marine technology
- Should have minimum 10 years of relevant work experience Other competencies or specific expertise necessary for the position are:
- Good structural analysis and design knowledge
- Familiar with recognized structural analysis software tools
- Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards
- Good multidiscipline and interface understanding of an offshore oil and gas topside.
- Experience of structural discipline in brownfield projects
- Experience of FEED and detail engineering phase of projects
- Experience with following-up stability, hydrodynamics and marine systems of semi-submersibles Personal qualities:
- Strong HSE and security mindset, in personal behavior and in consideration of engineering solutions (safety in design) - Commercial mindset
- A strong team player Other requirements:
- Valid offshore safety training and health certificate required
- Local candidates preferred.
- Start up early August also acceptable.
Duratoin: 17.06.2019 - 05.06.2020